Polished fixed steel
Anthracite with sunray effect
To maintain the esthetic appeal of your watch and keep it in good working order, you should clean it regularly as follows:
- First make sure the crown is fully screwed down.
- If the seals in your TAG Heuer watch have been changed and tested at an authorised TAG Heuer service centre within the last 12 months, then you can use a soft brush with slightly soapy water to clean the case and bracelet, then rinse it with clear water and dry it with a soft cloth. If your watch is fitted with a strap made from fabric, leather, alligator or python skin, take care not to get it wet
- If you have any doubts about the water-resistance of your watch, simply clean it with a soft brush then dry it.
- Avoid contact with chemical products (solvents, detergents, cosmetics, etc.) They may damage the bracelet and the water-resistance gaskets.
If the temperature changes suddenly, a slight amount condensation may appear under the crystal of your watch. This mist will disappear by itself and will not affect the functioning of the watch. If the condensation persists, please see your official
TAG Heuer dealer.
Water resistance is not a permanent condition. The rubber seals that are designed to ensure against water entry, are under constant pressure and given time will deteriorate. For this important reason we recommend that a watch should be checked annually to ensure that the seals remain intact. This thorough and extensive testing includes pressure tests and bench tests and is considered an essential element in the care and maintenance of our watches.
For all movements
- Make sure that your watch is perfectly dry.
- Move the crown carefully to make the various changes that are possible.
- Avoid changing the date between 8:00 pm and 4.00 am.
- Once the changes are made, push the crown back in and (depending on the model) screw it down against the case to preserve its water-resistance.
For mechanical movements
- When a mechanical self-winding watch is not worn for a certain amount of time, its power reserve (42 – 48 hours depending on the model) is exhausted and the watch stops. To restart it, unscrew the crown if necessary (depending on the model) and wind the movement manually by turning the crown 30- 40 times. This will give it a sufficient power reserve to function normally.
- A non-automatic mechanical watch has to be wound every day, winding is complete when you feel the crown resist. Your TAG Heuer is then wound to the maximum. It is important not to force the crown of a hand-wound watch to avoid damaging the mechanism.
Straps in fabric, leather and alligator or python skin
- Avoid all contact with water (baths, showers etc). Despite your care and attention, leather is a natural, living material and its color will fade a little over time.